4 posters
AuthorMessage
Storm
Cloud Rider
Storm

Neon Hillside Field Empty
PostSubject: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty4th May 2012, 20:42

Neon Hillside Field Field

The most bountiful portion of the territory as far as prey for the entire pack is concerned. The tall grasses offer hiding places for more than the wolves - quail, snakes, rats, and other creatures find their own solitude within them and often use it to their advantage.
Back to top Go down
Raylex

Raylex

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty14th May 2012, 21:58

I hope you don't mind me posting hear, As Ray is going out to hunt)))
Raylex looked about. He shook off his dirty, brown fur. All around him was lush fields he could smell the pray. He looked around spotting a heard of deer a way off. He flicked his tail towards them, so Xanthos could see. He crouched low in the grass only his brown ears visible. "Let's go," He stalked over the ground silently, using his sentry (or spy) skills.
He got near the deer, but not close enough that they could run after them. He turned to see if the other male was following him.
"What's that plan?" he asked the hunter.
Back to top Go down
Xanthos

Xanthos

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty16th May 2012, 05:41

Xanthos trotted up after Raylex into the field. The smell of the creatures nearby was tantalising. Taking a look in the direction that Raylex had indicated he spotted the deer milling around. The male crouched down into the grass, following after the brown male. He gave Raylex a confused look. "Why are you asking me? I'm not a great hunter. I think we need more wolves. I'm not actually good at the hunting part!" he whispered to the other male.

The Arabian wolf felt like grumbling at himself for his own inadequacies. He wasn't tall. He wasn't strong. He couldn't fight. He was a lousy hunter. He was a little clumsy. He could run but he certainly wasn't the fastest wolf around. All he had was a bit of brains, so he was told, but sometimes Xanthos really wondered if he was really even worth it. All he seemed to do was take up space. He began to wish he was actually good at something. His ears lowered as he crouched lower into the grass. After all what if he only hampered the hunt rather than help it.
Back to top Go down
Raylex

Raylex

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty16th May 2012, 09:56

Ray sighed. "ok, we're in the same predicament. We can't howl for more wolves.i say we just go for it. We get it,Yay! We don't get iw, aww but there is always next time. Perfection ruins the world. Working on a skill till your good us what makes u interesting," Raylex smiled at his little speech. "I'm not very good at convincing people to do things, but I try. If you really don't want to. Don't hunt. If you want to give it a try. Cone with me."
And with that Raylex crawled forward. He was careful not to barke any twigs that would make loud noises and scare the deer. A small snake slither out in front of him from it grassy hiding. Ray watches it slither away. He stopped a running distance away from the deer and waited for Xanthos to see if he would come.
Back to top Go down
Xanthos

Xanthos

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty18th May 2012, 07:53

Xanthos looked over at Raylex. His ears flicked forward, listening to the male's pep talk. A smile pulled up his lips. He felt a little better thanks to his friend's words. "You're not to bad at speeches." Starting forward after the male, Xanthos crouch low to the ground, keeping the tall grass over his head. The deer were just ahead of them. "Ok, I'm ready," he whispered. "Let's do it."
Back to top Go down
Raylex

Raylex

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty18th May 2012, 19:48

"Thanks," Ray said with a smile. He took in deep breath in and whispered, "Go!" He raced out of their hiding place, making some noise this time. The deer looked up and turned, sprinting away. He located the weakest one and separated it from the group. He couldn't keep up with it. "I need help!" He call to his friend. He raced on the deer always just out of grasp.
Back to top Go down
Xanthos

Xanthos

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty19th May 2012, 07:38

Xanthos sprang into action at Raylex's command. His paws pounded against the ground after the fleeing deer. Heart thumping wildly in his chest, the male's gaze looked around wildly. Fright heightened his adrenaline more than most wolves' excite for the hunt. His brain screamed out 'you're going to die! Do you know how much larger those creatures are compared to you!'

Nevertheless he kept pace with Raylex, the sentry's words calling for help penetrating his skull. He looked over at the male knowing he had to do something. Instinct told him to attack the deer but it also told him that the animal they were facing was a might to large for him. Xanthos didn't want to fail at this either so adding extra speed to pace he came alongside the deer. Snapping at it's legs he drew a little blood but not enough to do any really damage. Glancing back at Raylex he had a pleading look for some help. He knew they had a better chance of killing it if they could get it on the ground but he couldn't do it by himself.
Back to top Go down
Raylex

Raylex

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty19th May 2012, 16:44

Ray looked up as Xanthose ran by. He huffed and pushed him self forward. his whole body act and he knew he was at his top speed. 'Come on,' he willed him self on, 'we can do this,' he pushed farther until he was on the other side of the deer.
He nipped at its other leg hopping to snap a tendon. The deer kicked out and he jumped carefully out of the way. He didn't how ever evade injury. He landed on his paw funny and twisted it slightly. Cursing under his breath he shook out his paw and then started up again.

'It could be worse.' he tolled him self. 'You could be dead. Then you wouldn't have any paw to feel!' He urged on trying to catch back up to the deer.
Back to top Go down
Xanthos

Xanthos

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 01:27

Xanthos snapped again at the deer's leg. This time he grabbed hold and didn't let go. Pulling his weight back he made an effort to trip the deer. It stumbled but kept going. The Arabian wolf changed his tactics. Getting slightly ahead of the deer he leapt up and felt his teeth grab onto its nose. The creature was so surprised that it came to a halt. Xanthos would have yelled something at Raylex but his mouth was a little full at that moment. He tugged at the deer's nose, tearing the skin and letting the blood seep out.
Back to top Go down
Raylex

Raylex

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 09:17

Ray couldn't help but chuckle as the deer stopped in chock.'I didn't see that coming,' he thought. He trotted over to the deer as if nothing was wrong. He circled it once before bitting it leg. In a few seconds her tore both tendons. With the deer not being able to run he pushed it over. "You may do the honor of finishing the beast if you wish," he said to Xanthose.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 11:15

Rain wandered the field bored when she caught the scent of two male wolves "Well i could stay here and wander around the place or i could go see the two wolves" she said to herself 'seeing the two wolves it is' she ran towards the scent of the two wolves when she got to where the wolves were at they were hunting
Back to top Go down
Raylex

Raylex

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 18:14

Ray sniffed the air. Some one wss out there. It wasn't some one he knew. "Finish the deer off I will go see who are guest was." He smiled and padded silently through the grass. He hopped he wasn't all ready spotted.

In the grass he crouched slightly so he could hide better. As he stalked through he sniffed the air, still that sent. But were was it coming from? He took a deep her breath hoping to get more of the sent. But he mostly just breathed in the smell of flowers. He started to pad on. His nose tickling just a tad. As he continued it tickled more and more... until....
AHHH CHOOO!! The male let out a huge sneeze he sat up. Well he new who ever was there could see him now.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 18:39

Rain jumps a bit starled by the sneeze that a wolf nearby did "Uh...Hello?" she said softly very shy wondering who was near her though she was still a bit starttled by the sneeze
Back to top Go down
Raylex

Raylex

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 19:11

Ray looked up and spotted the wolf. "Hello there," he said rubbing his noes with his right paw. He sniffled a bit and sat up. "I am Raylex, though you can call me Ray, or Lex.... ether is fine." he shook him self off a bit. "I am part of a pack," No duh he added in his head. "Once my friend Xanthos and I" He flicked his tail over to the brute, "Are finished hunting we will take you to our Alpha Storm."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 20:04

"Uh hi raylex im...im rain" The fea said to the brute a bit shy to the male she flicked jer ears looking at raylex then at Xanthos 'What instersting names they have' she thought to herself then she quickly looked at the ground
Back to top Go down
Xanthos

Xanthos

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 20:16

Xanthos struggled to hold on as the deer tried to thrash its head around. A light growl came from his throat as Raylex took his time and snapped at the deer's leg. It fell but still kicked and fought against him. Still barely hanging on he was shocked to find that Raylex left him to do it on his own.

Not long after the sentry had gone the deer broke free of his grasp, tossing him to the side. It immediately took the chance to stand. Even on three legs it hobbled away rather quickly. "RAYLEX!" he shouted, a little anger in his voice that he had been left to kill the deer by himself. With a growl he took off after the deer again.
Back to top Go down
Raylex

Raylex

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 20:21

Raylex turned to see the deer sprint away. He laughed an turned to Rain. "And i thought it was dead," he said. He couldn't help but laugh. He raced off after the deer. It wasn't as fast , thank goodness. He nipped at the other leg but the deer just wouldn't fall. Growling angrily Ray attempted to jump onto the back off the deer.
He did make it just the deer collapsed cause it couldn't hold his wait. It kicked and tried to buck him off.
"Ok now i need the help," he called still laughing.
Back to top Go down
Xanthos

Xanthos

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 20:44

Xanthos jumped out of the way as Raylex caused the deer to fall again. He was a little confused by the other's laughter, not quite seeing what was so funny. They were supposed to be taking down a meal for the pack. Leaping at the deer he positioned his jaws around its throat. Holding tight against its struggles the male cut off it's air supply.

Before long the deer grew weaker and weaker, it's struggles becoming less and less. Finally it gave up it's life, it's eyes glazing over. He held on a little longer before releasing the deer. Standing back he panted heavily. He had just taken down his largest ever prey. Sitting down, Xanthos' tail thumped happily against the ground.
Back to top Go down
Raylex

Raylex

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 20:49

Ray smiled as his friend killed the deer. "Tolled you, you could do it!" He wagged his tail happily. He had done on awful job at hunting but hay? It wasn't his job!
"Do we take this back to camp or call for them to come to us?" He asked. He was't really sure witch one Xanthos would prefer.

(Short post didn't know what to put))
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty20th May 2012, 22:45

Rain looked at the killed deer that Xanthos Had just killed then she looked at raylex she havent hunted since a very long time she flciked her tail looking at the two males sighing a bit
Back to top Go down
Xanthos

Xanthos

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty1st June 2012, 05:03

Xanthos lay panting beside their kill. "I suppose let's take it with us but first..." The male quickly began tearing off bits of meat and swallowing before even chewing them. The fresh meat tasted so good. "Mmmm," he muttered eating away at the deer. It wasn't long before the small male had satisfied his hunger and moved back. Licking his lips from the blood, he looked over at Raylex. "Come on, we'd better get some of it to the pack." Grabbing the deer he began dragging it toward the pack.

~To the Teasing Grounds
Back to top Go down
Raylex

Raylex

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty1st June 2012, 13:17

Ray nodded, "Good plan," He said. He picked up the leg of the deer and help Xanthos move it. He stopped and looked back at Rain. "Come with us, you should meet Storm," He said before picking their kill up and walking off with it.
~To the teasing grounds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neon Hillside Field   Neon Hillside Field Empty

Back to top Go down

Neon Hillside Field
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pair-a-Dice :: Pᴀʀᴀᴅɪsᴇ :: Gʀᴀssʟᴀɴᴅs :: Poker Face Hunting Grounds-
Jump to: